Thursday, February 2, 2023

Animated toys

 I received a book on how to make animated toys a few years back. It was something that I have wanted
to try and different from the vehicles I have been making. I was hoping that this would help me into
new design ideas. I compliment the author and the work he has done to make these toys. The plans
were done well and easy to follow.
I really liked the concept of the toys, but I did not like how they went together. There were a lot of small
parts and purchased parts that needed to be cut down. I felt that the parts were really small for the
target kid age. This may be the toys that I decided to make. The dinosaurs had a lot of parts and were
on the more complicated side. Looking back the basic toys would probably be just as fun or better than
the more complicated ones. I will probably not make any more of the multiple linkage toys. From an
engineer standpoint, I can appreciate the design of these toys. I may make some of the simpler toys at
another time. These toys do take a lot of different thickness of wood which makes it a little more
challenging to plan.





No comments:

Post a Comment