Early this year, I decided to make a bunch of puzzles. I had a lot of ¼” and 1/8” ply wood so the plan was to put them on boards. I painted 5/8” thick poplar on one side with the primary and secondary colors. On the other side I painted them black. Anyone that has done a wood puzzle knows that it is a pain because there is no real indication which side is the top. Then I adhered all the patterns to the colored board. I cut them all apart making sure that I need not cut on the lines. I needed to tape them on to the ¼” plywood to cut out the negative space. Once the negative space was cut out I took a piece of 1/8” ply and painted the puzzle color on that and then glued the ¼ and 1/8” pieces together. In the end I had a puzzle that had a place on board with its matching color.
The main lesson that I learned is never trust only double sided tape. Sometime it moves and my double sided tape left a residue. I fixed that by putting painter’s tape where I taped it. I also taped around the part to make sur Over all I did not screw up on too many. I think I did around 90 puzzles on 34 boards.
e it did not move.