Monday, June 19, 2023

Tractor




 While trying to make this circus train, I was contacted by Fox Chapel Publishing To see if I wanted to
design and make a tractor for them. I wanted to because these are the projects I like doing and I would
be doing it how I like doing projects. I started with the design. I had to use a different drawing system
because my current company does not provide a drawing system for me to use. I downloaded a free
version of Fusion 360 to use. I chose a design that looked like the iconic tractor. The hardest part was
finding a couple of attachments for the back end. I chose to make a harrow and a cart. The design itself
is pretty simple. That is how I like my designs, simple.
I based my design around the wheels that I could find online. Bearwoods had tractor wheels that fit my
purpose. From that, I was able to work through the design for the overall size of the tractor. I made
some in all-natural wood. I painted the others two-toned. I am pleased with how they turned out. It
was a success from the train that I was working on. Fox Chapel also liked it, so that was a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment