- The sides I would thin up. This would allow the base to be lower to the bottom. Right now it sits about 3/4" above the base so the noses of the animals don't hit the ark.
- The top of the ark does not allow the base to to spin very much.
- The animal legs are so thing they are attached with 1/8" dowel. So the animals are glued into place instead of being removable.
- The strings tend to catch on the top stopping it from turning.
- I would probably use a lazy susan base if I did it again.
On a more upbeat note I did learn a new trick from the scroll saw group. It was probably in the instruction manual but I didn't get that far. When doing inside cuts I always loosened the top arm and blindly put the blade through the starting hole on the back side of the part. If I loosened the bottom arm the top arm has enough movement to pull the blade all the way out. I can now see the end of the blade and the hole, making it much easier to thread the blade through the small starter holes.