- Make sure you read the directions. I am very much a novice at this and cannot assume that I know the best way to do it.
- There are several ways to do the same thing in wood working. Do not limit one self to just one way.
- I could make money doing this but not enough to support a family. My family is more important than my hobby. On the other side I can fund my hobby. I did earn enough to buy my band saw.
- I don't make a very good business owner. I tend to give away more than I charge.
- Fixtures make a task much easier and there are several fixtures that I should make. Now where to store the fixtures.
- The desk. Even though it was green and I did not like the way the finish turned out, it is still one of my favorites. It is these projects that keep my mind sharp and thinking. This is a project that I designed and had to work though design problems. If you want me to make something, I love a challenge, but I don't buy the wood.
- The dominoes were my favorite toy this year. Fun to build and paint and finish. Maybe some day I will make the box that goes with them
- The model T series was also fun. It was this project that convinced me I needed a band saw. I am just pleased how they turned out.
Goals for next year:
- I was given a book called Marvelous Transforming Toys. I want to make everything in this book this year. I think my skills and accuracy will improve with these projects. It is going to take a lot of time and some money. I am open to monetary donations to fund my wood working addiction.
- There are three other toys that I would also like to make this year. Those will be shown when they are finished.
- Over the past year I have learned that kids really like to play with the toys I make. I am humbled by this and also feel sad. I would like more kids to be able to enjoy these unique toys. I hope to be able to open my house to let more kids play with these toys. I don't plan on giving them away, I all ready do a lot of that.
- I would like to do another major scroll saw project even though I am not finished with this years. I am still learning and have become more proficient. I can almost stay on the pattern line some of the time.
- There should be at least one design project again this year. I do not know what it is, but it is something I enjoy doing. Any suggestions?
- I plan on spending more time with my family. There are several things that I can do at my house and don't need to go to may parents garage every weekend. I might even take a few more tools home with me.
By the way,should I keep the scrap block give away? Sometimes I think it is the only way to get people to read this blog.