Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Photocopy Rubbings


So I tried to do a photocopy rubbing on the wood chest of drawers that we purchased for my son.  He is a big Harry Potter fan so I wanted to do one of the Hogwarts crest and one of the Gryffindor crest.  The Hogwarts was in color while the Gryffindor was in black and white.  Looking online they suggest lacquer thinner or acetone.  I purchased lacquer thinner and I had denatured alcohol at home.

My results were, denatured alcohol does nothing.  Lacquer thinner worked a little bit but it was tough to rub out.  I still need to try acetone to see how that works.  The color did not work at all.  I might try the wax paper and inkjet printer if I want to try color again.  If you want to find out more, there is plenty of information on YouTube.  As things work I will continue to update.

No comments:

Post a Comment