Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Shrink Wrap



Just a quick definition, shrink wrap shrinks when in contact with hot air to keep things together.  Stretch wrap stretches and acts like a rubber band to keep things together.  The only reason why I put this in here is because I just learned it a few years back.  I thought the terms could be used interchangeably.  Last year I made several puzzles and used stretch wrap to hold them together (the stuff put on containers of food to put in the refrigerator).  It did not work very well.  This year I ordered some shrink wrap envelopes to play with on the puzzles.  It is amazing how much easier they are to work with.  I do struggle with a one thing, sealing them. I don’t have the correct tools to do it and I don’t feel like dropping a couple hundred dollars on one.  I have about a 75% success rate with a good seal.  When heat is applied the wrinkles form and then go away.  Now I know how to package my puzzles.


No comments:

Post a Comment