Saturday, September 28, 2019

Family Reunion Ornament


This summer my family got together for my grandfather’s birthday.  He passed away several years ago but since it would be his 100th birthday it was decided it would be a good reason to all get together.  The last time that we were all together was 20 years ago.  A lot has happened since then.  If my grandparents were still alive we would have had 4 generations there.  We went to a ranch in central Utah over the July 4th weekend.  It was a lot of fun.  This blog is not meant to share about my family so the project that I did was make a Christmas ornament. 
Wherever my family goes we pick up a Christmas ornament to show where we have been.  I decided to take the front sign of the ranch and modify it to fit the family reunion.  I pasted the pattern on 1/8” plywood and started cutting.  I needed 19 and so I stacked 5 together and cut them out.  Looking back 5/8” thick plywood was a little thick for #3 blades to handle.  I ended up messing up two stacks.  It happens. 
These were not the easiest things to cut out but it was fun to create a pattern. 


No comments:

Post a Comment