Thursday, August 25, 2022

Saburrtooth Burrs

 I am going to try some intarsia projects this year. A lot of them will require shaping and detailing. Some of which I can do with sand paper but others I need to take a lot off. I have used the sanding drums on the Dremel and some of the carving tools that come with the Dremel. I have been watching some videos on the process and someone recommended the saburrtooth brand burs. They were a little more then I hoped, but not unreasonable after using them. The set was about $100.

I have used them on creating deeper profiles on some animated toys that I am making. These things will take material off. These look like little medieval weapons. The will not do a finish ready surface and I will say you will start at a rougher grit sand paper to get it ready. It beats the tool wear that happens on the Dremel carving tools. I would burn them up as well as the sanding drums before finishing the part.

No comments:

Post a Comment