Monday, July 24, 2017

The Pizza Peel

My family loves to make and eat pizza.  It has been a while coming and I was having plans of grandeur of what my pizza peel was going to look like and how it was going to be made.  I wanted to have an inlay of the letter "A" in it.  made of hickory and walnut.  This is what came out:

I wanted to do those things, but I also just wanted to get out in the shop and make something.  I had some glued up hickory and that is what I used.  The design was my largest pizza stone as a template.  and then I added a handle on the bottom of it.  The hardest part was putting the profiles on the handle.  It was a matter of putting scrap underneath to support it while I ran it through the router.  Sometimes it is good to just get back out in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment