Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Update on the Triton Tools Competition





So the contest ended on the May 31st. I submitted the cradle plans and my son submitted the car launcher.  I was told the judging would be completed by June 30th. On June 25th I received an email from them.
Dear Brad,
            Many thanks for your submission for the Triton Masters of Wood plans competition. I am delighted to be able to inform you that your entry “Toy Car Launcher” has won in the Kids category. This is a great achievement, we had a huge number of entries and the standard was very high. The judges really liked your project idea and the plans that were submitted, pretty much everyone wants to make it.
We will be contacting you again shortly to confirm the delivery arrangements for your prize of a Triton Workcentre with contractor saw, router table and a TRA001 router.
Once again congratulations and thanks for supporting Triton with this competition. We will be making the public announcement of the winners at the end of this week.

Yours Sincerely

Steve Hewson
Global Brand Manager
Triton
My son had won a t-shirt.  He is paying me the table saw and router for the write up. I charged a lot for writing up his project.  It was exciting to see him read the email and realize that he won.  He was excited too.
Here is the link to the project winners.  Please note that these plans are a little more detailed than what I normally provide.  I don't usually put pictures with the assembly of the project.  This is impart due to file size and mostly forget to take pictures of the project.
I am glad I entered.  My son is happy to know that he is better than me at wood working.  That may not be quite true, he does have a much bigger imagination than I do.  Grateful that he was able to express it in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment