Thursday, January 23, 2020

Year in Review

It was a crazy year for woodworking.  It was also a very successful year.  The biggest project was all the donations this year.  It will be a while before I do that many again.  I was looking to reduce my lumber supply with all the donations and I am glad I did.  The donations included a lot of the small trucks, cars, boats and planes.  There were also cradles, rocking chairs, and high chairs that were also donated.  I think I was a little more invested this year because I chose the charities.  I may have disappointed some of the people that receive donations from the club.  This year I also tried to include more people in the process.  I had people help paint and build which was fun. 
In terms of projects this year it would probably be the build and grow cars.  I just like how all of them turned out.  They were fun designs and solidly built.  My least favorite was probably be the battle axes.  I really do not like making weapons especially one that has the ability to do a lot of real damage.  It was fun to work with my brother on a project. 
Tools I picked up this year.  The list is small, thank goodness. The branding iron was needed for marketing.  It works well and I am glad I have it.  The other was a long time coming and I have not had much of a chance to use it.  That would be the new shop vac with the dust collection.  It seems to work well for the few times that I have used it.  That is it for tools.
I was able publish two plans this year and I was able to install several cabinets for a friend.  These were the two big sources of income this year.  My etsy shop also did really well.  I think there was a fair amount of traffic that was because I was published in a magazine.
I accomplished the main goals that I was working towards.I ended the year with moving to the other side of the country.  It will be interesting to setup a new work area and a new group.  I am going to have to find a new lumber yard also.

No comments:

Post a Comment