Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Things are changing


There are some pretty big changes that are going on.  First of all there have been some changes to my blog.  I have added a few tabs to help explain the designs and projects I am selling.  I have set up an Etsy Shop where I am selling plans.  I will also be selling finished product but that will be not as often.  I also have a Facebook page.  This is where I will be posting updates, current projects and give away promotions.  Please like and follow for updates.  I am not sure how to link this blog to the face book page.  If anyone knows can you please share?

I am hoping to get a new banner for the shop and a new look.  I have been putting this off for a while and this is a huge step for me.   I do not feel I make "fine" wood products.  I have come to the realization that I do not have to make "fine" products, I have to make durable products and functional ones. That is why toys are fantastic!


I have hit a mile stone in my shop.  I have used up all my pine.  Not that pine is bad it is something that I do not buy very often anymore.  I have moved more to hardwood.  It makes a little cleaner and durable product.  I also have the need to make some shop cabinets, so it is going to be a fun year.

On a side note I have discovered a favorite tool.  I actually one it at a raffle.  I think that it is only available at Rockler, but it works.  It is a silicon glue brush.

I have been using my finger, stick or not even spreading glue at all on my projects.  I really did not want to buy throw away glue brushes because I felt they were a wast of money.  It does what it is supposed to do: spread glue evenly.  Now I do not have to use my fingers and make a big mess.  It takes a couple of days for the glue to dry on the brush and then it peels right off.  The only thing I do not like about it is that it skins over quickly.  If I let the brush sit for an hour or more, I will get dried chunks of glue in my fresh glue.  Other than that I have been impressed.  Sometimes it is the simple things.

No comments:

Post a Comment