Thursday, October 27, 2016

New Ornaments

Our family picks up an ornament from the various places we visit each year.  It is kind of our travel log.  My son has attended a Project Surf Camp for a couple of years.  This year he came home and requested and told us that we needed a project surf camp ornament for our tree.  He actually drew one out, but it was lost.  I talked with him about making the sticker we received an ornament.  He was ok with the idea and this is what came out.
I tried using a spiral blade on the top lettering.  It is the first time I have ever used one and didn't really like it.  I did not feel like i had good control over the blade.  It stretched when I put tension on it and the end bent all over the place making it difficult to insert into the pilot holes.  I don't know if I will be using them again.  Other than the upper lettering I am happy with how it turned out.  It was a lot of holes and I was in constant fear that I was going to cut through and ruin the piece.

The ornament of Yoda is because I found a picture online and thought it would be a fun cut out. Sorry I cannot sell it the image is copyrighted.  But you can make the snowflakes from their webpage.



No comments:

Post a Comment