Sunday, October 14, 2018

Start of Craft Fairs

Yesterday was the first craft fair that my friends and I did this year.  It was at Piecemakers in Costa Mesa.  It said rain or shine and the it rained.  I guess it does rain occasionally in California.  It was a good show.  The bad weather did not deter a lot of people from coming.  We did a fair amount of business and the people that did come were there to support the local crafts people.  Most of the vendors have been coming for years and many of the shoppers knew the vendors. 

There is always a unique story coming from these events.  Mine is the sale of one of my rubber band guns.  I rally want to get rid of them but I really did not want it to go to this family.  The son, about 8, really wanted to buy the rubber band gatling gun.  The mom was really hesitant because of the potential damage that could happen.  It is a rubber band gun, it will hurt if shot.  She even asked if it was safe. I said it is a rubber band gun and it will hurt if shot.  I even asked her if she wanted to buy it and she said no.  My reply was don't buy it.  To be nice to the kid, I let him unload about 15 rubber bands.  The kid begged and the mom caved.  I told her I would not sell it to her if she did not want me to.  Hind sight being 20/20, I should have said there was a minimum age for purchase. 

It was a good fair even with the weather.  We will be going back the first Saturday in December.  If you are looking for stain glass or metal clay jewelry here are the Etsy sites to my friends.  They also take custom orders.





Machelle's Glass Garden










Tudor Rose Emporium




No comments:

Post a Comment