Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Craft Fairs


December 1st marked the last craft fair that we did this year.  We only did two and they were both at Piecemakers.  The venue was a lot better than the ones we did last year.  There was more people and more people willing to purchase handmade items.  The first fair we were rained on and it was not a fun day but it was tolerable.
The one this past weekend was packed and we had a line in our booth.  It was for jewelry and stained glass but we had a lot of people through our booth.  I did well throughout the day and I am not complaining.  I am extremely happy for the two ladies I share a booth with.   Each show has had different people and sales have been different.  I am learning more with each one.
The key things that I learned this time around: 
I was happy that most of my items were under $15.  There was a lot of interest but not a lot of sales on the small vehicles.  There was more interest on the scrap cars because they had different colors.  The small vehicles were all poplar.  I need to add some color to them.  I still will not paint them but I will probably start looking into oak and cherry to add color.  There is value in the decorations.  I need to replenish and look at some ornaments and plaques to do.  We will see what next year brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment